Expert Conversation

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CharlesWil 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Charlie
    Keymaster

Expert Conversation Stuff goes here!

Willie

Hi Charlie, Ben,
    Can you share your comedy theme swipe files? It would really give us a jump start!

Charlie
      Keymaster

Yeah, let me figure out the best way to go through this. Right now they are in a shorthand that is going to be pretty non-sensical for anyone but me. Maybe I can make a video and just talk through what I have there?

Willie

A video sounds good since hearing the delivery will add a useful layer. Guess it depends on how many examples you have and if that video will be 18 hours haha.

Willie

Thanks Charlie, solid video! I didn’t get the notifications, so am quite glad I randomly checked back! I’ve been keeping a notepad of funny lines to use.

Have you come across any books/videos/other resources that categorize comedy as you were creating your videos on the comedy segment? (e.g. explicitly breaking down comedy types into exaggerations, roleplaying, etc and explaining why certain jokes are funny?) I’d love to check em out!

Charlie
      Keymaster

I’ve actually not seen anything like that. Though if I do, I’ll be sure to send it your way.

It’s more just my analytical mind at work while attending improv class and watching clips of Chris Pratt way too many times 😉

Brett

Hi! I just stumbled across your question, I know some books that are really good at explaining comedy, these are the best you will find.
      1: the comic toolbox,
      explains structures to find humour fast
      2: the hidden tools of comedy,
      A complete desiction on what makes things funny.

Charlie
        Keymaster

I was thinking of creating something like this – but I’ll have to check these out first. Thanks Callum!

Tom

Howdy,

For some reason whenever I click on the “Expert conversation” Page It says that it’s for members only and that I need to log in. Problem being that I am already a member and already logged in. Once I relog in, it doesn’t even take me to the page!

Hopefully this can be fixed soon. I’m on Chrome.

Cheers for all the content Charlie, It’s great!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom

It’s working now! I’m not sure what happened haha

CharlesWil

Charlie relating to people video is really thin man!
    I’m quite good at this one! 🙂

How to relate to people in 3 stages

Direct commonalities”I love baseball…”

indirect commonalities “My friend a huge baseball fan and said…. ”

Learn for next time to build future commonalities “I know nothing about baseball, what do you love about baseball?”

I hope that’s helpful 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.